Tuesday, February 3, 2009

LA Roadtrip, Day 1

The trip began with an excitement that lasted all the way to Dallas, TX where we stopped for the night. The drive was definitely long, but we filled the time with music, singing, listening to the "Through Painted Deserts" audiobook, and solving riddles provided by my incredible family friend Britney (Dwight and I are quickly becoming riddle masters). At about hour 6 into the trip, I began to realize just how far away Los Angeles actually is from the home and people that I love. It's far. Really, really far. Even though this fact is beginning to hit me, I still have no doubt that I'm supposed to go! Only the Lord could give me that kind of confidence in the face of over 2,000 miles between me and the comforts of home.

Once we arrived in Dallas, we met up with Danielle Greenwade (our wonderful friend from Samford University) who is now attending Dallas Theological Seminary. We went to a delicious restaurant called "Chuy's" and then headed back to her house and hung out with her friends from school. We're excited to continue on our journey tomorrow as we head to Albuquerque, NM (our longest leg of the roadtrip), but we'll be sad to leave Danwade. This just means we'll have to come back to visit her and her hilarious friends in Dallas again soon! Check out a few of our videos from the day below!

Leaving B'ham:


Mississippi Line:


Louisiana Line:


Texas Line:


I'm sure we'll have more videos to come (hopefully some that don't take place in the car). Keep on praying!

Robby

No comments: