Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Starting at Zero

I'm now done with all the detail work that comes with moving (dealing with insurance, getting a new license/ registration, furniture, etc), and I'm hoping to now take the steps to get into the whole entertainment business! I signed up with Central Casting, and they handle a lot of the extra/background work in LA. I actually booked extra work for the show "Cold Case" this past Friday night where I played a "party-goer" from 1958. It was awesome. I loved being on set and seeing how the whole production thing works! Even though I was pretty much just standing around/walking around for the majority of the night, I really did love it.

I'm hoping I'll be able to book enough extra work to live off of, but I'm not sure that'll work out. Extra work doesn't really pay the big bucks. Haha! It's a difficult place to be, though, because while I need to make money to actually stay out here, I also need to have the freedom to book auditions and extra work. It's frustrating. I'm just praying that the Lord will either provide me with a job that allows for flexibility in scheduling or that I'll start booking some bigger things to help out financially and provide some great experience. Oh. And you can definitely pray that I'll get my 3 SAG vouchers as quickly as possible. In short... getting into SAG will mean I get 2x's more money and have a lot more opportunities. Which would be HUGE.

Today I actually booked another "Cold Case" background actor spot, so I'm excited about that! I'm not sure if getting booked multiple times on the same show will help to get my SAG vouchers, but I feel like it definitely couldn't hurt. Anyway... I'm just excited to finally be getting paid for doing something that I love. It's fun.

Oh! And Danielle Broome (a friend of mine from Samford who's lived out here for a while) and I started watching the "LOST" series, and we're trying to catch up to the current season. It's been a good distraction so that I'm not sitting around thinking about how far away from home I am. However, the realization that I'm away from family kind of started to hit when I thought about how my family is gonna be at our lake house this weekend, and I won't be there. Thats gonna be weird.

Alright. I'm off to a weekly Bible study now, but I'll keep you updated! As always, thank you for your prayers! Miss you all.

Robby

2 comments:

Lauren M said...

so i found this website and thought it was really interesting. maybe you can get something from it you dont already know!

http://www.trainedactor.com/about_tt/020102.html

Vikings... Mean Ones. said...

So strange! I just found that website last night and was reading it as I wrote this post. Weird, Cantrell. We're on the same wavelength. Haha! Miss you!

- Robby