Tuesday, February 3, 2009

LA Roadtrip, Day 2

So, Texas is HUGE. Yeah. I didn't understand that until I had to drive across it. And I didn't even go from one end to the other, really. We missed the "panhandle" by going up through what I've deemed the "chimney." Figure that one out.

Now we're at the Holiday Inn Express here in Albuquerque, NM ready for a good night's sleep before we head to the Grand Canyon tomorrow! We're so excited about that! I've been to the canyon once before when I was in 6th grade or so, and it was unbelievable. I imagine I'll have an even greater appreciation for it now, so I'm really excited to see it again.

Today was the longest leg of our trip, so we spent most of the day driving. We did, however, make a random stop at an incredible antique shop. It was enormous and filled with pretty much anything you could think of! The pictures below should give you an idea of what it was like. So bizarre.





Here's a shot out of the front windshield of the sun setting in New Mexico. I can't wait for the sunset at the Grand Canyon!



And, of course... the "welcome to a new state" video.

New Mexico Line:

No comments: