Friday, February 6, 2009

LA Roadtrip, Day 3 (Delux Version)

So, we left our hotel in Albuquerque, NM at around 7am to head off to the Grand Canyon. We were so excited to get there and have the chance to get out of the car for a while and get a little exercise. Of course, when we crossed the line into Arizona another video had to be made. And here it is:



After making that incredible video, we continued on our way to the Grand Canyon. We stopped for gas in Flagstaff, which I think I'll have to go back to someday to stay for a bit. It looked incredible. It was just the perfect little mountain town right at the bottom of a beautiful, snow-covered mountain. While at the gas station I noticed that a fairly large line was forming at a drive-thru restaurant adjacent to us... so, of course, I had to go there for lunch to see what the big deal was. The big deal was their burgers and fries. They really were so good. I love random restaurants. You never know what you're gonna get.

After lunch, we continued on to the Grand Canyon. My GPS ended up taking us through two awesome national parks before we got to the canyon, which I loved. One of the parks was up in the mountains, and snow from a storm in December was still covering the ground. I have a slight obsession with snow, so I had to pull over and play in it for a bit. It was amazing.





After my snow stop, we headed down the mountain and arrived at the canyon. Words and even pictures and videos can't describe how incredible the Grand Canyon is. But I'll try...








We left the Grand Canyon at sundown so that we wouldn't die there. It was so cold. We were just going to drive a few hours toward Los Angeles and stop at a hotel for the night, but I was feeling pretty good and really didn't want to spend anymore money on a hotel, so we just drove the entire 7 hours that night and made it to LA at about 2 am.

LA is huge. Incomprehensibly huge. I'm still not sure I understand quite how large it is, and I drove through it. Well... part of it. I thought I would be completely overwhelmed and somewhat terrified when we actually arrived in the city, but all I really felt was excitement. I really think I'm going to like it here. I know, I know. I just got here. But I know I'm here for a reason, and God has been so faithful to affirm the decision to move here. I know I'm right where He wants me, and thats all I need to know!

I'm currently posting this blog from Malibu where I'm visiting my friends Jeremiah and Sarah Wolf Sizemore. They're incredible, and Malibu is incredible... so, needless to say, it's been a great time! I'll post some pictures from here tomorrow. I don't want to overload you with beauty.

Thank you all so much for your prayers and encouragement! Please keep them coming as the most difficult part of my move is probably yet to come. I'll keep the blog updated with any exciting news!

Robby

1 comment:

Toma said...

The place is just like a dream!