Tuesday, February 24, 2009

And I'm humbled...

I was DESTROYED in an open hip hop class at Millenium Dance Complex tonight! Hilarious! Apparently an "open" class in Los Angeles means anyone can come... including ridiculously good people. And "open" also means really hard choreography learned at an extremely fast pace. I think the fast-paced part is what killed me. I could learn the moves if we just did it a little slower. I'm so glad no one was recording it! Actually. I kind of wish I could see how ridiculous I looked! I will definitely be going back, though, but I might start out with a beginner class. I'm just hoping that wasn't their idea of a "beginner" class. No. It couldn't have been.

Anyway... all that to say that I was humbled and probably needed it. It's always good to fall flat on your face occasionally and learn to get back up. And I face planted big time tonight! Loved it... but definitely face planted.

In other news... I was on the set of "Cold Case" again today. I really love doing that show. The crew is so nice, and being a character from another time is really fun. Today I was a "railbird" from 1963. A railbird is a person who watches pool. Therefore, we were sitting around in a pool hall watching two guys play pool. Most of your time spent doing background work consists of sitting around in a holding area until they need you and then repeating scenes over and over again once you are on set. Strangely enough... I love it. It's just really great being right there in the action, and there's so much to learn! I mean, you're standing there right beside these actors who have been in the business and you get to watch them act right in front of you. So great. I really hope I never take for granted the opportunity to do this sort of thing and get paid for it. Please punch me if I do. In the face. Hard.

Oh. And if you watch "Cold Case" and happen to see me (which you should on the episode we filmed today, which was episode 21, because I was right behind the two main guys for most of the scene) you will notice that I have some of the most amazing glasses ever created. I can't believe I'm going to be wearing them on national television. You're gonna laugh. A lot. And to top it off, my hair was slicked down and parted to the side. Wow. Yeah... I'm not gonna tell you when it's airing.

So, apparently today was the day of humbling from the Lord. Lets hope tomorrow is the day of building up because I have an interview at Houston's restaurant to become a server! I really need this job, so please pray that it will happen if it's what I'm supposed to do. And if it's not, pray the Lord will show me what I AM supposed to do.

Feeling 2 feet tall (and ok with that),
Robby

1 comment:

Amy said...

i LOVE cold case! i will look for you. episode 21.
:)