Monday, March 2, 2009

A month into this thing.

So, I left Birmingham on my way to Los Angeles one month ago today. Strange, huh? I really can't believe its been that long already. Although, some days it feels much longer than a month. Life is funny like that.

I was fortunate enough to have a friend from B'ham come and visit LA this past weekend for her birthday. She stayed with Danielle Broome, and we had such a great time! Of course we hit all the usual Los Angeles hot spots (Hollywood and Highland, Beverly Hills, Santa Monica pier, Venice Beach, etc.), which is always fun. However, the best part about the weekend besides spending time with great friends was the celebrity siting. Yep. We saw a few this weekend... and I saw some today. This is the best picture we had from the weekend:

First, we went to the House of Blues to see Matt Wertz perform on Friday night, and he was great! Honestly, though, the band that opened for Matt was my favorite part of the night (The Alternate Routes). The lead singer was unbelievable, and the music was really fun. Seeing Matt was kind of like seeing a celebrity. Kind of. Anyway... after the concert we headed over to Kitchen 24, which was awesome by-the-way, and as we were sitting there who walks in? David "Freakin'" Moscow. Ok, so I didn't really know his name right when I saw him, but I knew he was famous. Then it finally hit me... "Newsies!" He was the main kid in "Newsies" besides Christian "Anger Management" Bale. Awesome. You have no idea how excited I was unless you know how much I love "Newsies."

Saturday was spent doing some touristy stuff, which was fun. The next day I went to church at Bel Air Presbyterian, and who was sitting in front of me? Billy Bush (Another celebrity that I wouldn't have been able to name without some help). You probably know Billy from his work on Access Hollywood as a news anchor. He seemed like a really nice guy.

After church we went to Sprinkles to get some famous cupcakes and then heading over to Malibu for dinner at the Malibu Seafood Cafe. So good, but I felt so sick afterwards cause I ate so much. I had to go to sleep pretty early cause I had an 8:00am call for the show "Chuck" where I played a wedding guest. It was a long day, for sure, but I really enjoyed the cast and crew of "Chuck." They were really nice and appreciative of us (which is sometimes not the case when you're doing extra work), so it's always nice to work in that kind of environment. Plus, I was able to see the star of "Chuck," Zack Levi, and Chevy Chase stopped by for some reason. Random. It's always so funny to see these people out here, cause you feel like you know them, but you don't. And they'll probably never know who you are. Although, some of my friends here are good friends with Zack, so maybe he will know me someday. We shall see.

Oh. And please keep praying about the job search. I'm planning on spending time tomorrow applying to different places in hopes of finding a way to financially support myself while I'm out here. I wish doing extra work full time would provide me with enough money to cover the bills, but it just won't. I know the Lord has something for me, so now I've just got to be patient for Him to open the door.

Alright. This is long. I'm sure I left out something exciting. Oh! I did! We had a new roommate move in this weekend. The old guy (who was really nice and cool), Ben is his name, ended up moving out, but this awesome guy Josh moved into his place! I'm really pumped cause he seems like a really chill, great guy that will mesh well. God has been so faithful to take care of situations like that so far. He's incredible.

Oh my gosh! I don't know if I've talked about the "Garden of Oz" that we found in the Hollywood Hills, but Dwight, Danielle, and I found it the first Sunday I got here. The garden is right off of a road in the Hollywood Hills, and it's made of winding paths of brightly colored tiles and glass stones, jewels and random toys/ statues. I can't even begin to describe it. Anyway, the first time we found it, I put a note in the "Garden of Oz" mailbox requesting entry to the garden, but never heard anything. Well... watch the video below and you'll see what happened this time around.


Also, I miss my family and friends a whole lot. The newness and excitement of the move is beginning to fade away and the reality of the situation is hitting. It's tough. I have no doubt that this is still where I'm supposed to be, but that doesn't mean it's easy at all. I just hope they all know how much I love them.

OH! And I freaking missed the snow in Birmingham. That really does make me mad. Lord... you really are hilarious. I love snow so much, and it hasn't snowed in B'ham ONCE since I've lived there (No. I don't count tiny slivers of ice falling out of the sky as snow), and then right when I move it snows like crazy! What the heck?! I'm glad all my family and friends got to enjoy it for me, though. It really did make me sad to miss it.

I think thats it. Yeah... thats it.

I'll check in again soon,
Robby

2 comments:

Laurel said...

Hey Robby - saw your blog link on the A Bryan Photo site. Just wanted to tell you good luck on everything in CA! (And I'm totally jealous of you working on Chuck! It's one of my favorite shows.)

Lori said...

I'm praying for you! And so proud! The next time I come out to Pasadena for business meetings, I'll let you know.

And if you meet Zach, you must introduce me at some point. Love him! Love that show!