Wednesday, August 15, 2007

So...

I'm a loser. I'm ok with that, though. The whole American Idol process is so hilarious. It's a ton of luck and a little talent. I had a MAJOR lack of luck yesterday, but I honestly know it was for the best. I love how many of our friends (and strangers) kept up with our little adventure through this blog! I really do have the greatest friends in the world. The angry comments at the results of my audition were probably the funniest things I've seen in a while! Bryan Johnson's comment (which is now deleted) was by far the best. Oh, I know what it said, Bryan. Hilarious.
I'm the type of person that continues to run things through my head and figure out how the results might have turned out if I had done things different, but I've got to stop and realize that my steps were ordered by God, and it happened exactly like He planned it. What incredible assurance! The whole process has been a really great motivator for me and my plans for the future. I really do feel like music will play a huge part in my life, but I'm fairly confident that American Idol is not the right route to take in getting there. If I were to sing, I would want to sing about Christ and His impact on my life, and American Idol might not have allowed me that freedom. Yes, it's a great way to propel yourself to the top, but at what cost? There were moments while sitting in the arena that I simply wanted to get up and go home because I felt like I didn't belong. I'm glad I stayed and got to audition, though, because it showed me how much I love to perform and really increased my confidence. I really feel like God has blessed me with a gift, and I'm not going to waste it, but I'm also not going to allow glory to be placed on me. Glory belongs to God alone. I'm excited to see where He leads me in the coming months, and I'm confident that I'm in His grasp. He'll light my way as I draw near to Him.

Letting you know that 14 hours in the Georgia Dome is longer than 14 hours anywhere else in the world,
Robby

1 comment:

dwight castle said...

dude, robby, i freakin love you soo much! you are so awesome and i seriously cannot find the words right now to describe how i feel about you any more...the closest is that i want to kiss you...but still inadequate. i am so glad that you are one of my bestest friends ever and that i got to spoon with you on so many occasions over this past year. those memories carry me...and your cd. and your incredible videos jer posts on here. and i was about to call you today and remind you that just because you didnt make american idol doesnt mean you werent talented enough, because as christians we believe that God is sovereign and in control and he obviously had something bigger and better planned. the end. i love you and miss you. howd the mcat scores turn out?