Tuesday, August 21, 2007

The Beach

I have kind of disappeared for awhile and the main reason is that it's family vacation time at the beach. We are back at our usual spot on St George Island and it's incredible. Besides being really hot, it's been good to slow down a bit and catch up with the family. That can be kind of tough since there are 6 of us and it's nice to have time dedicated just to that...and reading a lot of books.

Also, I tried to skim board yesterday for about 9 seconds. It was a disaster. I hate being old. I'm fairly confident that I would have broken some random bone if I hadn't quit after 9 seconds.

Oh yeah, and I just finished the book Kite Runner. It was really good and really intense. Read it sometime if you like to read and don't mind being sad.

- j(w)s

1 comment:

Melissa said...

I loved Kite Runner and I am really excited about reading his new one - 1000 Splendid Suns. I'll let you know how it is.