Sunday, July 22, 2007

Songs are great... as are pets.

I wrote a complete song the other day. I'm pretty excited about it, too. I've never actually completed a song, so it's kind of a big deal. We'll see how it turns out once we record it. The tentative title is "Chances Are." Solid, right?
In other news... I bought a gerbil. How miserable would that be if it were true? Why would someone buy a gerbil? They smell awful and poop and pee on you. Sometimes they'll even bite you, and you're forced to spank them with a tiny wooden spoon. I did have a hamster one time named Peanut. He was the color and shape of a little peanut, so I think it was a pretty appropriate name. We probably should have named him "Chew Toy" because thats what he turned into one time when he escaped from his cage. My little dog whipped that thing all over the place and threw it against the wall before we were finally able to rescue it. I think he learned his lesson about staying in the cage after that. Rags, our dog, was probably spanked with a rolled-up newspaper which could have led to the loss of most of his teeth, his terrible case of scoliosis, some crazy skin disease, and cataract infested eyes. I'm still claiming all of those things came with old age, though. He was beautiful. Peanut died a while after the attack by Rags. It wasn't the attack that killed him, though, we think it was an unfortunate choking incident involving carrots. I told mom we needed to buy more seed for him to eat, but we just never got around to it. Seed really isn't even that expensive, but I guess Peanut just wasn't worth the price. We had a few other animals in the Stone household, and we loved them dearly. I'll have to write about them later. I regret to say that the list of pets includes a few cats. I still claim that they are the gayest animals ever, though.

Because you too can prevent hamster deaths,
Robby

1 comment:

Jim and Lauren said...

awww rags...I miss rags he was a great dog. I remember your run away cat Midnight, he would come and go as he pleased.