Monday, July 30, 2007

Computer crashes, recording, and weddings

I know you're wondering why I haven't written in quite some time. I have a few reasons:

My computer crashed last week and I got to talk with Dell support for 4 hours trying to recover my documents, pictures, and music. Pretty awesome. Apparently if you're not covered by a warranty anymore, Dell support guy Mac is forced to be really rude to you and let you know that he's helping you out of the goodness of his heart not because he has to. Thanks Mac... I'm so sorry I troubled you. I know you had better things to do like sit at your desk and answer the phone and help people who had warranties. I know thats a lot more fun than helping losers like me. However, Dell guy Jeremiah was actually really helpful and nice, so at least there's some good people out there at Dell. After running some test on my hard drive and seeing multiple error messages, I think I'm gonna have to get a new computer (hopefully a Mac... despite the fact that the name of the computer is the same as that of my "friendly" Dell guy), which is great considering I haven't even started working yet and have little money. Oh well.

I also got to hang out with Josh Sizemore this past week. He's pretty incredible. Claimed as being the best out of all the Sizemores by his siblings, Josh lived up to his reputation. He helped me write a song. I like it.

We were finally able to record some songs for Dwight last week, which is always fun. We recorded about 13 songs in 2 1/2 hours (granted, some were only about 30 seconds long). Dwight said he wet his pants when he got it. Chuck Hooten helped us record it, and I was reminded how great he is. One of the most talented people I know. You should get his cd on iTunes.

I went to a wedding in Huntsville this past weekend, too. It was a friend of mine from high school, so I got to see a bunch of my old friends which is always good. I also got to see my grandparents, which was definitely the best part of the trip. They're incredible. I wish everyone could meet them.

I'm heading to ATL tonight to train for my new job with Booster Enterprises for the next two days. It should be pretty fun. I feel like I'm about to get a lot more busy in the next couple weeks. AI auditions are still scheduled for Aug. 14th, and work starts Aug. 9th, and I have another wedding on Aug. 11th in Knoxville, TN. Oprah hates kids. I just saw her interact with a guest's kids on her show, and she didn't even get near them. Jesus loved children. Oprah should learn something from that. Oh... and Kathy Griffin says some horrible stuff, but she is one of the funniest women I've ever seen. I laughed out loud multiple times while watching her extremely inappropriate show. You should try to find the episode where she tries to be the red-headed Oprah. So funny. Ok. Thanks for stopping by.

Reminding you to back-up your computer documents and pictures,
Robby

No comments: