Tuesday, July 17, 2007

It's late...I'm still "working"

So Bryan got a new corner loft/studio downtown and I stayed here all night watching the sunset and working. It's deathly quiet and nice to get some work done. Me and Robby and Tommy watched Freedom Writers last night. It reminded me a lot of my childhood...growing up caught between four warring clans, always wondering if someone was out to get you. It really forced me to grow up quickly. Oh, wait. That's Harry Potter's childhood, not mine. I lived on a farm riding horses and reading books about people whose lives were dangerous. It's a pretty good movie though. I could have cried if I had been in the mood.

Last night I was throwing football up at the sunset spot and I was trying to get Tommy to talk to some girl so I kept throwing the football near her. Finally, she got in the car to leave and for no reason whatsoever I launched the football at least 40 yards through the open window of her car and just about killed her. Some old lady was walking by right then and stopped and said 'You really should go throw that ball somewhere else.' Poor girl thought she was going to die. The sad thing is that she really did nothing to deserve it. I just love a good challenge though.

I'm retiring soon. Can't wait to see what my next career ends up being. I was going to work at that McDonald's in Vestavia but they tore it down.

Oh yeah, and I've got the perfect song for Robby's Idol audition...if I can only convince him to sing it.

- j(w)s

No comments: