Saturday, June 23, 2007

torn

Do you question the direction you're going? Do you ever wonder if all the work you've done is leading you to something that you weren't even really made for? I've often asked these questions, and I'm sure I'll continue. However, I've begun to realize that these are healthy questions to ask. They force you to really consider why you're doing the things you're doing and listen to the voice of God and His leading in life.
Right now I'm taking a year off of school to work full-time before possibly entering medical school (depending on whether or not I get in), but I've also always been interested in pursuing a career in music. I feel like God really has called me to help others, and medicine is an incredible outlet to do this. However, I also feel like I've been given some talent in different areas of art... mainly singing, and it's hard to know which to choose. Maybe I'm supposed to continue pursuing both of these paths and allow God to lead me through the dark areas that I'm unable to decipher. I know that He could use me in amazing ways through both medicine and performance, and I guess I just have to trust that He'll show me what to do with both opportunities. The most important thing to me, no matter where I end up, is that I am able to glorify Christ in my daily life. I have faith that He'll guide me as long as I seek Him. I'm excited about what's ahead.
Why did I write this? I'm not sure. But I know it's something that almost everyone struggles with, and I think it helps to know you're not the only one with questions and fears. We serve a huge, incredible God, and I'm so glad I have the assurance of Him.

Actually writing something serious,
Robby

1 comment:

Sarah and Jeremiah said...

I've been wondering the same thing for some time now...not for myself. But for you. I agree though, it isn't an easy decision. Despite the fact that I try to make it seem obvious, I realize it is incredibly complicated. I'm sure we will talk about it more when I get back...but there are a few people in my life who seem made for a certain career path. You are one of them. Doesn't necessarily mean it's right but it may be. Part of it may just be me trying to live vicariously through you. Anyways...we will talk more soon. But it is definitely worth think about/praying about/dreaming about. Also, my phone battery is dead and I left my charger or I would have just called you.

j