Thursday, June 14, 2007

McDonald's is fat

I was in the drive-thru for McDonald's today (yes... I eat at McDonald's occasionally. You want to know why? Because it's cheap, and, as Jeremiah has already revealed, I'm poor), and I noticed a sign with chocolate chip cookies on it. If you know me at all, then you know that I love chocolate chip cookies and I'm the master of baking a perfect cookie, so, obviously, this sign caught my attention. At first glance, I saw a picture of 3 large cookies, and above them it said 3 cookies for $3.99, which I thought was a pretty steep price; especially for McDonald's. A quick double-take revealed that the sign did not say 3 cookies for $3.99 but 13 COOKIES FOR $3.99!!! It made me laugh, text Jeremiah the news, and then ponder who in the world needs 13 cookies from McDonald's and who decided it should be 13? I feel like 10 or 15 cookies is a much more understandable number to give. Saying 13 cookies is like saying we'll give you 12 cookies and two others that we found on the floor with bites out of them. It's just odd. Less unsanitary, but still odd. Oh, and I'm glad McDonald's is making sure we're getting our money's worth, but do people really need to be tempted to eat 13 cookies? Honestly, I don't think people should eat 13 of anything. Unless it's grapes (but be careful). All this to say that McDonald's is fat... fat and cheap. Like hookers.

Robby

No comments: