Sunday, May 3, 2009

Life is a Rollercoaster

Up and down and up and down. This is the theme of my time in LA, and I know the Lord is teaching me incredible things through each peak and valley. One of the constant lessons is in trusting Christ.

The Lord has encouraged me to keep a very level view of this whole band thing. I've been constantly reminding myself to thank Him for each day and realize that it could be gone in a second. I feel like this has allowed me to remember that Christ is all I really need and not to place all my joy or worth in the success of this current job.

No... I didn't get kicked out of the band. We did, however, get news this past week that we won't be going to France for the Cannes Film Festival. Something fell through with the venue, and there were some problems with the booking (overall it was just a huge mess). Kind of disappointing for the band, but honestly I was relieved! There was so much pressure on us since we were taking such a big trip, and I was really apprehensive about all of it. I mean, the band is really good, and I've definitely enjoyed it so far, but it's all VERY new, and I'm just not sure we were totally prepared for something on that scale. I think we all felt a little pressure lift when we got the news.

So, now we're sort of starting at square one (which I think is great!). We're actually working together right now to write our own music. We're figuring out what style fits us best. We're actually doing things that a true band should do! I feel like we can now really invest in the band and make it our own instead of just performing other people's music (even if we did a good job of that).

It'll be interesting to see where things go from here, and I'm gonna keep thanking the Lord for each day knowing that it could be over tomorrow. He's been with me through the ups and downs, and I have no doubt He'll stay with me through whatever is ahead! Just keep praying that I'll be receptive to His leading and a light to those around me.

Robby

No comments: