Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Do I stay or do I go now?

Los Angeles has definitely taken a toll on my bank account. Those savings I had when I came out here... gone. Those jobs I was hoping to book while out here... nowhere in sight.

I have no doubt that I was supposed to come out here to pursue some dreams, and I've learned a TON since I've been here. However, the lessons have left me with more questions. One extremely pressing question involves what to do now. I've been out in LA for close to 4 months now, and I've experienced quite a bit in my short time here. Extra work, auditions, a full-time paid band gig, a complete falling out of a band, and multiple days of unemployment.

As I've said, the lessons I've learned in my time here are priceless, and I don't regret my decision to make this move. I've learned what the film and television industry is like and some of what it takes to succeed in it. I've performed as a professional singer (as short as it may have lasted), and I realized how much I really do love singing. I love it. A lot. I even started getting into song writing, which I also loved. So, here comes the question... where do I go to pursue music?

Nashville or Los Angeles? That is the question. Nashville is definitely the music city, and the fact that it's MUCH closer to family and friends is also appealing. However, the fact that I've already moved to LA and have only been here for less than 4 months makes it difficult for me to decide to leave. Plus, I'd probably have to move to my parent's house in Atlanta for the summer in order to work and save up some money before I made the move to Nashville. That really wouldn't be bad. I mean... not ideal... but ok. I guess there's a chance I could find a job in Nashville while I'm still in LA and make it work.

I don't know. Lots of prayer is needed, and I probably need to just take a few days to think it all over. It's such a scary time in our society economically, and I'm definitely feeling the crunch. I want to make sure the Lord is leading me and not my insecurities or fears. Am I scared? Yes. Am I confused? Absolutely. But God is still in control. I just pray that He shows me what I need to do... and it'd be really nice if it was pretty soon. Please, Lord!

Alright. I need to get some sleep. I'm completely emotionally spent.

Robby

No comments: