Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Busy, busy, busy

It's incredible how quickly life can change. Two weeks ago I was sitting in my apartment going crazy because I didn't know what to do with myself. Now here I am happy to have even a little free time to write a blog post. Strange.

Since I've joined the band it's been pretty insane. We've had practice pretty much everyday for about 10-12 hours/ day (one day we had a 14 hour rehearsal!). Believe me, I'm not complaining. I absolutely love it! I've always felt like some day I'd be getting paid to do what I love, but now that the time has arrived it's sort of bizarre... in a great way, of course. I'm not gonna say it's all fun and games, though. It's definitely required a lot of hard work and there have already been some difficult spots, but we're learning and growing. There are days I still struggle with the commitment that this pursuit will most likely require, and that scares me, but I really do feel like the Lord has placed me in this position, and I'm not going anywhere unless He tells me to!

To add to the craziness, I had a wedding in Houston, TX on April 19th where I sang 4 songs (keep in mind that the previous week I was beginning to learn the performance set for the band which includes 17 songs + some choreography... intense). The wedding was for my great friend from Samford named Janise. Janise was actually one of my first friends at Samford, and we stayed close all throughout college. She's one of the most talented interior design/ graphic designers that I've ever known, so if you need anything done you should get in touch with her. Plus, she's just an all-around great person. So, anyway, I flew to Houston for the weekend, and then upon my arrival in Los Angeles on Monday I headed straight to rehearsal from the airport.

Our practice schedule has been so intense because we had our first 2 concerts this past Saturday and Sunday night. That means we had 10 days from when I started the group to put together a 17 song show. Granted, some of the other band members had been there a bit longer, but it was still pretty crazy. By the grace of God we got the show together and performed at the Continental Gallery in downtown LA on Saturday night and the E-Road store parking lot on Sunday (E-Road is one of our sponsors, and they were having their grand opening of their store in West Hollywood). Both of the shows were so much fun even though there were a few bumps here and there. We'll iron them out, though! Pamela Anderson actually dropped by to watch the show on Sunday. She came backstage to wish us good luck, and she was really nice. I was pretty impressed. Apparently Barbara Streisand was supposed to come (I know. I couldn't believe it either), but for some reason it didn't work out. Maybe next time.

I was excited to have a few days off this week to sort of regroup before we start to prepare for the Cannes Film Festival. We honestly don't have a ton of time, though. Our flight leaves on May 7th, so we've got a little over a week to get ready! We'll be in France from May 8th - May 27th doing shows pretty much everyday, I think. Still not sure about all the details, but I'm excited/ nervous. Please keep me in your prayers! I hope it's not too crazy, but I imagine it could be. I know it'll be an amazing opportunity, and I really do feel blessed to go! It'll be tough to not talk to my family for that entire time, though. I just can't think about that.

I'll try my best to update the blog about any adventures along the way, but I'm not sure how much free time we'll have. I hope we get a little time to enjoy Cannes and stuff. I guess we'll see!

Miss you all!

Robby

1 comment:

A Bryan Photo said...

How exciting to see my hip pop buddy jammin it up in true style. We are so proud of you but we do miss our Wabby (that's Robby with a lisp, said by the Noahman!). Come see us soon.

Ashley J.