Monday, May 18, 2009

Am I in my "best years?"

I hate the phrase "the best years of life." Why does there have to be a time in life thats considered "the best?" I certainly hope I don't ever get to a place where I feel that my time to be relevant and productive has passed me by. I think thats an absurd and lazy mindset, and I refuse to think that way. Every phase of life has something about it that makes it unique and more special than any other phase of life, and I feel that individuals can do extraordinary work in every single phase.

I understand that there are certain phases of life that allow for greater freedom and discovery due to a lesser degree of responsibility, but does that mean that it's the best time in life? I know this thought is coming from someone who has only experienced 24 years of life, so I am very aware that I have much to learn. However, I feel it's possible for God to use anyone at any age in incredible ways! Why limit ourselves by thinking that there's a certain time in our lives to do His greatest work?! Are we supposed to just work really hard for a while and then when we've finally "paid our dues" just call it quits and retire? The work of Christ NEVER ends! He can do so much if we just trust Him to do it. I'm still learning how hard having that kind of trust is, though. It's tough. Really tough. But He is so good to step in and prove that He is worthy of our trust!

So, am I in my "best years?" Yes... and I pray I'll continue to be in my "best years" for the rest of my life.

Robby

No comments: