Thursday, May 21, 2009

American Idol Finale

Yep. I was there. It was amazing! Where else can you see Queen Latifa, Rod Stewart, the Black Eyed Peas, Jason Mraz, Carlos Santana, David Cook, Keith Urban, Steve Martin, Lionel Richie, Cyndi Lauper, KISS, and Queen perform all in one night along with the best group of American Idol contestants ever? It still doesn't feel like I was actually there. And I'm SO glad Kris won! I had a feeling he would, but it was just good to hear it. He seems like such a nice guy. I mean... Adam can definitely sing (I'll give him that even though I'm not a fan of his voice), and he puts on quite a show, but I just love Kris' style and voice. Not really what I would call an "American Idol," but he's freakin' good.

I pray one day I'm up on that stage. I would love it. All I can do is audition and pray... which I'll be doing again this year!

I'm pretty sure I'll be moving back to the south in the next week or so. It all depends on whether or not we find someone to take my place in the apartment. I honestly can't afford to pay rent for June, so I hope we work it out quickly. It'll be sad to leave LA so soon, but I just really feel that I need to pursue music or musical theater in a different city. I have so much more I'd like to see out here, but that requires money (something I no longer have), so I'll just have to come back someday and take some travel time.

In other news... tonight is the premiere of perhaps my favorite show on television (besides AI, of course). SYTYCD. That would be "So You Think You Can Dance." Don't laugh at me yet. Have you seen it? I dare you to watch a few episodes and not get hooked. I'm serious. There's just something about that show that grabs you. I have a couple friends (you can probably guess who you are) that I would never expect to like the show, and they love it. Wish I could watch it with all my friends back in B'ham, but I'll be back soon enough for us to catch a good bit of the season! Don't worry.

I'm gonna go decide if it'd be a bad idea to get a cup of Starbuck's. Nevermind. Just decided. It's bad.

Cause $2 is now too much,
Robby

1 comment:

Lindsay B Stephens said...

oh you're not the only one, i love that show! and don't tell anyone, but my husband watches it with me! when does your movie come out?