Sunday, January 3, 2010

New Year. New Place. New Opportunities.

So, I'm writing this from my new apartment in Nashville, TN while looking out at a snow filled sky. How awesome is that?! I moved all my big stuff up here last Wednesday, but I didn't actually move into the apartment until this past Saturday. I'm so excited to finally be in this city even though I have no idea what I'm planning to do now that I'm here. I'm just trusting the Lord's leading and trying to have faith that He'll take care of things... which He will. I've had the desire to move here for quite a few months, but my logical side has constantly talked myself out of it. Now that I've made the move, though, it really doesn't seem like too big a deal. I'm still working at Bonefish Grill just in a new location (which I really like so far!), I'm living with two incredible friends in a great apartment in Brentwood, and I'm attending an amazing church called Fellowship Bible Church. Not bad. Not bad at all.

My main reasons for moving here involved the music industry. I love being in a city surrounded by opportunities, which is one reason I enjoyed my time in LA so much. Even if the opportunities are very difficult to get involved with at least they're here. Thats my take on it at least. I look forward to meeting various people who have worked in or experienced the music industry, learning more about the opportunities available, getting involved with Fellowship Bible Church's worship ministry, and just enjoying a city that I've heard so much about throughout the years. People ask me all the time what my plans are, but I really don't have any specific steps to take. I want to learn, grow closer to Christ and follow His lead, and discover how He wants to use me (whether that be in the music industry or not).

I really don't know how long I'll be here or where the Lord is gonna take me, but I'm alright with that. I know I'm supposed to be here today, and thats gonna have to be enough for me. It's taken me a long time to be ok with following God's lead instead of planning my own (and I've still got a lot of learning to do and faith to build), but after seeing His faithfulness in my life over and over again I can't help but trust Him more. He is good, and He loves me... and I'm so thankful for that.

Robby

No comments: