Saturday, April 4, 2009

I almost forgot!!!

I've been told throughout the years that there are a few celebrities that I somewhat resemble. I wondered if I'd get any attention from random people due to this fact now that I've moved to LA. Well... I have. And it was hilarious.

At the MTV promo shoot that I mentioned in my previous post I forgot to tell you about the most enjoyable part of the day. We were filming at the Universal Studios, and our stage (large warehouse where filming takes place) just happened to be positioned right adjacent to the Universal Studios theme park. There was just a chain linked fence separating us from the crowd of guests at the park, and our catering station happened to be right beside a fence where a line formed to get on a ride/ show (whatever goes on at Universal. I've never been). Anyway, during our lunch break I immediately noticed that everyone in line was staring at us hoping to spot a celebrity. I was mixed in with the crowd getting my food and then went back inside to eat. A little later I decided I wanted a cookie (shocker), so I walked back outside and headed toward the catering station. Well, I was walking straight toward the line of people, and I noticed a lady quickly cup her hands around her eyes and stare at me excitedly. Of course, I was a little thrown off but quickly realized that she thought I was someone that I most definitely am not. You see, I'm not famous quite yet. I continued to walk toward the tray of cookies, and as I was picking a couple up I began to hear a whole group of girls yelling "JUSTIN! JUSTIN!!!" Thats right. They thought they were looking at Justin Timberlake. No, no, ladies. It's just me. Robby Stone. However, I didn't want to ruin their dream, so I immediately looked up, smiled, gave a little wave, and then turned around and walked back toward the stage. The entire time I was walking back I continued to hear them screaming at me. So bizarre. I really don't think I look much like Justin, but I guess the fact that I was wearing really baggy sweatpants, a wife-beater (I hate that name), and a track jacket made me kind of look like him. Sort of his relaxed, thuggish look. I don't know.

The other one I've gotten a few times since I've been here is Spencer Pratt. I actually got this one a lot back in Birmingham, too. Kind of sucks because this guy is a total jerk. He's a reality star from the show "The Hills." Another really high-quality, thought-provoking reality production.

Here's me:



Here's pictures of my look-a-likes:




You be the judge.

Robby

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Robby, you are more handsome than either one of these guys! :)
I do think you should have busted out in some spontaneous dance moves for those who thought you were Justin. Haha! Love you!

Josh P said...

That's hilarious, Robby. You should've signed some autographs! I think I could totally pass myself as a Sean Hayes (aka Jack from "Will & Grace") stand-in. I dressed up as him for Halloween a couple years ago. Haha.

Also, you should def check out the Universal theme park some time. Not as great as Disneyland but better than Knott's Berry Farm imo. Have you been to CityWalk yet? Hm. All this talk is making me homesick (esp when you mentioned looking out over the valley/city). ::closes eyes and thinks of December::

Anyway, I can sympathize with your last post. I get in that "what's going on in my life" mindset so often and it nourishes my soul to read Luke 12 every time, even though I've heard it like a thousand times before. It's just so comforting though. You can read the select verses here if ya'd like: http://tinyurl.com/rvjqz

And one last thing, Mystery Science Theater RULES!!! Haha. Those guys are doing commentaries on new movies now over at RiffTrax.com. It's like MST3k never left! :D

J. Wade said...

dude, You're awesome.

Anonymous said...

Robby, I got your blog website from facebook...and all I have to say is I KNEW it. You ARE Justin!

Hahaha, so glad everything is going so wonderfully for you. You deserve the best and more. Miss seeing you and I know I'll see you on the big screen SOON!

Much love!
Marion

iamthird said...

lol !!! loved this