Monday, January 12, 2009

Life is funny...

I figured it was time to tell all of our faithful blog readers... yes, all none of you... that I will be moving to Los Angeles, CA in February. This decision has come after a lifelong struggle with my dreams of pursuing a career in the entertainment business. And I'm being serious when I say lifelong struggle. Since I can remember, I've always wanted to do something in performance, so I figured now is as good a time as any.

Though the idea of moving approximately 2,000 miles across the country, far from my incredible family, friends, and familiarity, terrifies me at times, I really do feel like the Lord is leading me to take this leap of faith. I just feel like He has so much to teach me and so many new ways to mold me into His image. I'm sure I can't even imagine how challenging this journey will be for me emotionally, physically (driving to LA will definitely have it's effects), and spiritually, but I trust that Christ will sustain and guide me... even if He guides me right back to B'ham in a few months.

I could definitely go into my list of fears and concerns, but I'm trying to remind myself of the power and sovereignty of Christ and not dwell on worries. However, I do think it's healthy to have a realistic view of what life will be like for me out there and the kinds of struggles I will face. There are many, but God is good. I just ask that anyone who reads this pray for a few things:

- That, by the grace of the Lord, I would be given strength to withstand the temptations to compromise or be weakened in my faith (Everyone, no matter how strong, is susceptible to sin. I realize that God alone can save me from that).
- That I would truly be a light in the lives of the people I meet in LA, and they would see something different in me.
- That I will find a solid church that will help me to grow in my relationship with Christ and allow me to have uplifting fellowship with other believers.
- That God will reveal His plan for my life and how He wants me to serve Him in order to bring Him glory.
- That I will have so much fun just getting out there and trying something new!
- That if I'm supposed to let go of my "dreams" and come back home, I would do it.

I'm hoping to provide updates on life in LA and the journey out there (Dwight Castle and I will start the drive to LA on Feb. 2, and then he'll take a one-way flight back to B'ham... yeah... it's gonna be hilarious). I'm sure there will be days of ridiculous and hilarious stories and days of loneliness and homesickness. I guess that's all part of life, though. I look forward to the journey ahead and what the Lord has in store. Your prayers and encouragement are sure to be an invaluable source of strength and comfort.

Robby