Tuesday, January 13, 2009

The Journey Will Be Long

Dwight and I went over the route we're planning to take on our now 4 day drive out to Los Angeles, and we're really excited! We were gonna try and make it to LA in 3 days, but decided that if you're gonna be driving literally right by the Grand Canyon you're pretty much required to go a bit out of the way and see it. The planning has, however, made me realize how expensive traveling can be. The Lord will provide as He always has. Already He's placed an incredible friend (Danielle Greenwade, aka "Danewad") in Dallas for us to stay with, but the two other stops on the way are looking like hotel stays. I'm also praying that gas continues to stay low since we'll be using quite a bit of it.

It looks like our three stops will be Dallas, TX, Albuquerque, NM (home of the East High Wildcats. Yeah... High School Musical. I'm a complete loser), and Grand Canyon Village, AZ. If anyone knows somewhere we could crash for the night in the 2nd two locations, that would be amazing. You can also help to fund my move to the big city by sending any amount of money (nothings too small and nothings too big) to my house here in Birmingham:

Robby Stone
1108 Iredell Circle
Birmingham, AL 35209

Shameless begging. How did that happen?

Seriously, though, the main thing we'll need are your prayers. They're much more valuable to me than money. I can't wait to see what this trip out there has in store! I'll definitely keep you updated with photos and descriptions of everything we come across! I need to settle down. I still have 3 weeks before I leave.

Robby

1 comment:

jesse_w said...

i love you for your east high shout out. haha