Sunday, May 16, 2010

Virginia Is For Lovers

And movie making, apparently. Well, I've arrived in Virginia (we're just 15 minutes from Washington, D.C.) to begin filming "For The Glory." The movie is based on the life of olympic soccer player Kurt Kuykendall, and I'm writing this post while sitting in Kurt's beautiful home watching a little soccer with him. Pretty awesome. We met the entire cast yesterday during a read-through of the script and then had a dinner at a house in my new favorite little town ever (Clifton, VA). It's been so great to get to know everyone involved in the film and they've all been so friendly and fun. I'm looking forward to hanging out more and getting started on filming.

We already made our D.C. debut last night when we went into the city with Kurt's son Shawn (who is hilarious and gonna be so much fun to hang out with). He gave us a little tour around the city before we hung out with him and a few of his friends at a cool restaurant with rooftop seating. I have a feeling I'm gonna love the history of the city, and I can't wait to go see all the touristy spots and incredible architecture. Maybe I'll do that tomorrow. We'll see.

We've only just begun, but I'm excited about where things are headed. Our first day of shooting is this coming Tuesday, so I've definitely gotta get ready for that! I'm just praying that the Lord helps me out in the acting area. I think it'll be good, but I just feel so inexperienced at this point. I'm sure they'll be plenty of humbling times during all this... which will be good for me.

I'll have some pictures up soon, and I'll be updating pretty frequently on twitter (RobbyHStone), so things should get more entertaining.

Still hating politics even though I'm in Washington,
Robby

No comments: