Sunday, May 9, 2010

Leaving on a jet plane...

... or my car.

This coming Friday, I will begin the long drive to Burke, Virginia (just outside of Washington, D.C.) where filming for "For The Glory" will begin! I really can't yet comprehend the fact that I'm actually going to be working on a movie for 3 weeks. It's a pretty strange thought, so I think it'll take a while to sink in. There's been a few script revisions, and I think we're still waiting on the final draft, but it's been fun reading through the current script and seeing what my part will entail. I'm praying that the Lord will show me a lot through this amazing opportunity, and I can't wait to see how everything turns out! I'll definitely keep you updated on things as we begin filming. Should be hilarious.

In other much more important news, I was able to see one of the most devastating natural disasters to ever hit the Music City with the flooding last weekend. Thank the Lord our apartment complex is high on a hill so we sustained no damage, but so many others in the city were not so lucky. It was unreal to see the amount of rain that poured on us for those two days and to watch as the flooding continued to destroy so much of the city.

It was amazing to hear the stories of people from all over Nashville coming together to volunteer their time helping those affected by the flood. Unfortunately, I was unable to lend a hand last week since I was up in Lexington, KY helping out with Booster from Monday through Thursday, but it was encouraging to hear about the love shown to those whose lives were flipped by this disaster. I'm sure there's still much to be done, but it's good to know there's so many willing to help turn the situation around. You're definitely reminded of what's really important when things like this happen.

Alright. I've got to go to the restroom. More to come soon.
Robby

No comments: