Wednesday, December 2, 2009

Wow

I really did disappear for 3 entire months. Thats bad. I'm sorry.

Things you missed (I literally just pulled up my calender to see if anything worth mentioning happened):
*September:
- Laura Vandal and Caleb Chancey got married, and I had the honor to sing in the wedding. It was honestly the most epic wedding ever if judged on music. I'm serious. Unreal. And not because of me AT ALL. I felt like an amateur.
- My obsession with the show "Glee" began. I really think they had a meeting to decide a show that I would love more than anything and then created "Glee." It's amazing (currently listening to the 22 songs I've downloaded from the show thus far).
- Yeah. Thats about it for September.
*October:
- I went to Nashville one day to audition for some song writers to see if they wanted to use me to do some demo work for them. They were very complimentary and encouraging. I have yet to hear back from them. Thanks.
- I substitute taught boys P.E. at a fairly ghetto high school here in Huntsville (Lee High School) for a week. That experience is probably worthy of its own post. Yeah. It is. I'll do that soon.
- I started singing some at the church I go to up here in Huntsville (Life's Journey), and I love it! It's been such a huge blessing to have an outlet to lead worship with other believers. I still miss Brook Hills, but Life's Journey really is incredible... and I get to sing with my sister which is awesome.
- I got to spend Halloween with my sister, her husband, and my nephew Luke! It was so much fun. Luke was Batman, Rebecca was a pretty witch, Lance was a homeless clown, and I was a makeshift tiger. A picture is necessary...





*November:
- I turned 25! Yep. On November 1st, 2009, I became a quarter of a century old. Weird. My grandmom made me buttermilk pie (pretty much the same thing as chess pie... trust me... it's amazing), so I was happy. Honestly, turning 25 wasn't that big a deal for me. Some people hate it. Actually... as I'm writing this I'm beginning to hate it. I'm stopping now.
- I filmed a little short film about cats (kind of) with some of my roommates. Oh yeah! I haven't mentioned my roommates. That is worthy of a post, too. Wow. Maybe I have had a life these past few months! I've yet to see the previously mentioned movie, but it's apparently hilarious. I'll post a link to it whenever it makes it's online debut.
- I missed the meteor shower due to cloud coverage. Still mad about that one. Lord... why does that always happen? I even prayed that it wouldn't, but I guess You allowed it for some reason.
- I made pineapple cheese casserole for a church function. People thought it was weird. I still love it and ate what they wouldn't. Uncultured taste, I say.
- THANKSGIVING!!! This has sneakily become my favorite holiday. I don't know when it happened, but it did. I love it. I think it's because it's all about realizing how blessed we are and forgetting crap that doesn't really matter. And because it's during fall, which I've realized is my favorite season. And we all met at our lake house for it and had fires and my mom's amazing cooking. It's really not fair for all the other holidays to be compared to it.

Alright. That should give you the highlights. Looking forward to posting about my substitute teaching experience and my roommates. It feels good to be back.

Robby

No comments: