Saturday, October 13, 2007

Dutch Baby

If you've been to "The Original Pancake House" at Five Points here in Birmingham, AL, then you might have noticed the restaurant's specialty called the "Dutch Baby." Contrary to popular belief, if you order the Dutch Baby you will not receive a tiny fetus on a plate wearing wooden shoes. You can imagine my disappointment upon discovering this fact after ordering the Dutch Baby. If you're not going to bring me a fetus with wooden shoes, then don't call your dish a "Dutch Baby." This should be common sense, right? I mean... who's going to expect a bowl shaped, egg tasting pancake covered in powdered sugar when they order a Dutch Baby? Not me. I wanted that tender baby with those shiny little mahogany clogs. Needless to say, I won't be ordering the Pancake House's specialty anymore.

Now getting the background on my food choices,
Robby

3 comments:

Cantrell said...

robby, i dont like this one. boo.

dwight castle said...

haha, i love this one robby. i was actually thinking about letting you know that earlier, but lauren's comment confirmed it to me. i also thought i was going to get a baby. dang idiots.

Emily Geyer said...

I ate at Original Pancake House this morning and thought of you. And I didn't order the Dutch baby.