Sunday, June 6, 2010

"...... Apparel"

So, one of my new life-long friends from Oakton, VA, Shawn Kuykendall (or "Flip McGraw" in the movie) and I have decided to start a t-shirt company. We're not sure what to call it yet hence the "....." in the title of this post, but it's guaranteed to be something incredible. Shawn has been painting, yes painting, t-shirts for quite some time now, and I decided I wanted one of these custom shirts. So, we made some this week. The most difficult part of making them was deciding what to put on them. Naturally, we chose to put eachother's faces on our shirts. I now have a shirt with Shawn's face on it, and he has a shirt with my face on it. Precious. Honestly, they turned out pretty freakin' amazing, and word is spreading as people begin to put in orders for them. Here's a picture of the two we made this week. Guess which one is him and which one is me (the only way you won't get it right is if you've never seen either of us in your life and you live under a stupid rock):



I know... you want one. Well, you're in luck because we're starting to take orders. I'm serious. They'll probably be a little pricey ($40) because they are completely customized from a photo that you send in, hand-painted on high quality t-shirts, and they're just plain sweet. We hope to have a website up soon that explains the details (see... I wasn't kidding about this).

What's that? You don't know what "Donk" on the shirts means? Well, let me explain. "Donk" is one of Shawn's favorite words that was actually made popular by a radio station here in DC. "Donk" is short for "donkey" and is a word for someone who is just dumb or did something stupid. Oh, you'd like an example? I can do that. Lets say I was supposed to grab some chips for a party, but I forgot. I would say "I'm a donk. I forgot the chips." Easy, huh? Shawn loves it so much.

Your shirt doesn't have to say "Donk" either. Honestly, it can say whatever you want it to say as long as it's appropriate. Or you can get really crazy and let Shawn and I decide what it says. I know... it's risky. There's no telling what you'd get.

Seriously, leave a comment on this post if you want a t-shirt, and we'll work it out... cause they're awesome.
Robby

1 comment:

Shalini said...

These t-shirts are really amazing, undoubtedly the idea is incredible..!! Hope u succeed in your t-shirt business but I feel it is important for u to know more about the garment and clothing industry before getting into it. Do u know that u must select the right t-shirt material before printing any photo on it? How will u know that which t-shirt material is good and in vogue? Apparel industry consists of numerous segments which should not be left unconsidered. Inordinate information about Apparel Industry