Friday, June 26, 2009

Don't fear...

I'm not dead.

I apologize to all of you who were phoning in to Blogger and Rescue 911 to question them regarding my disappearance from this blog. It really does mean a lot. I want to assure you, however, that I am alive and well. The past few weeks have simply been filled with literally thousands of miles of driving, surprising friends, and trying to figure out where my life is heading, so I've therefore been unable to update as I should.

Some of you might have gathered that I'm no longer in Los Angeles, CA. You are absolutely right. It turns out that the city of dreams is also a city that likes to take all of your savings out of the bank and leave you with just enough to make it back to the security of your home. Yes, LA was a bit pricy for this guy, but no one can say that I didn't enjoy the short time I had in the smog city. Seriously... it was amazing. I hope one day I'll have enough money to actually go back there and continue to enjoy the craziness that LA has to offer. For now I must try to rebuild my savings here in the south and spend time with my incredible friends and family.

At this moment I'm sitting in my room at my sister's house in Huntsville, AL. This is where I'll be living for an indefinite amount of time until I figure out what the heck I'm doing with my life... or at least the next step to take. Best option right now is Nashville. Yes, we'll just pray that the Music City has better things in store professionally for me than good ole' Los Angeles had to offer. While I definitely miss LA and the friends I have there, it's good to be back in the south. It just feels like home... cause it is.

I've been bouncing around between Atlanta, Birmingham, and Huntsville so far, so it'll be interesting to see what the next couple months will hold for me. I applied to a job at Belmont University as an admissions assistant for the School of Occupational Therapy, so I'm excited to see if that goes anywhere (if you have some clout there... put in a good word for me). I've also got a potential job lined up here in Huntsville to be a cake decorator for Maggie Moos ice creamery. This is a pretty hilarious opportunity because...

1) One of my best friends since 2nd grade is the manager, and I can only imagine what it'd be like for us to work together. Here we are back in Huntsville a while ago (Andrea... great shot of you. Not that I have any room to talk):


2) These are some examples of the cakes I've made in the past:



Strange enough, Andrea knows exactly what she's getting herself into by allowing me to be her cake decorator. Should be interesting.

I'll try to do a better job of updating all my faithful blog checkers on my thrilling life, but I have a feeling the exciting stories might be fewer and further between. Something tells me living in Huntsville will be quite different than living in Los Angeles, but I'm sure there's good times to be had! Please do pray that the Lord will continue to guide me on His path and reveal the next step He desires me to take.

Cause I'm back in my hometown and the party is just getting started,
Robby

No comments: